2015 Ducati Monster 821
2015 Monster 821 - D9142 - Right
* All pre-owned motorcycles sold by A&S Motorcycles are fully inspected and serviced so you can be confident in your purchase.
* A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, truck or RV in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. (All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.)
If you have a down payment but your credit isn't perfect, our lenders may be able to help. Copy this link to apply: https://www.aspowersports.com/financing
* For 50 years, A&S Motorcycles has been the premiere Sacramento area motorcycle shop. We specialize in fine European machines from BMW, Ducati and Triumph. We've earned our reputation by offering the best bikes, new and used, along with excellent customer service. Whether you need parts, riding gear or accessories to make your bike unique, we are here for you.
It's About the Ride!
* All advertised vehicles are subject to prior sale. We reserve the right to make changes without notice, and are not responsible for errors or omissions. Used vehicles sold by A&S Motorcycles are subject to freight, title transfer and document preparation fees and a $299.00 handling fee. Vehicle sales within California are subject to state sales tax, and license fees. If you are not a California resident but take delivery within California, you pay CA sales tax at the minimum rate and a title transfer fee. If you take delivery outside California, laws regarding titling, and taxes vary from state to state; please contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles for information. Some states have a reciprocal tax agreement with California.
*Trade-ins: A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, truck or RV in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. Please call today! All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.
A&S Motorcycles | DLR # 05872 | 916-726-7334 | www.aspowersports.com | It's About the Ride!
Sport performance Italian design and unique personality: Monster 821, essentially Monster.
Built to Perform: Powered by an 821cc twin cylinder Testastretta 11° engine with 4 valves/cylinder the new Monster 821 delivers an impressive 112 hp with 9.1 kgm torque for responsive acceleration. As you listen to the familiar voice of the exhaust, you can sense the energy with each twist of the throttle.
Dressed to Seduce: Dressed in its essentials, the new Monster 821 speaks the language of minimal, Italian design. The compact naked styling is just enough to harness the power.
Equipped to Excite: Equipped with cutting-edge electronics, the new Monster 821 is built to respond to your desires. Ride confidently and stay in control at all times thanks to the Riding modes, the Ducati Safety Pack and to the clear LCD Display.
Fashioned to Fulfill Your Desires: Fashioned to make you feel in sync with the road, the new Monster 821 takes ergonomics to a new level of comfort for rider and passenger, thanks to the generous saddle space, the passenger footrest and the integrated grab rail
- Testastretta 11°: The Monster 821 is powered by the Testastretta 11° 821 cc engine, with air injection system. A secondary air system similar to the one used on the 1199 Panigale has been introduced in order to optimize operation and reduce combustion cycle variability, without affecting emissions. A controlled flow of clean air is injected into the exhaust pipe, enabling total oxidation of the hot exhaust gases, efficiently cutting hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide levels. The Testastretta 11° engine fitted to the Monster 821 is an exclusive feature of these bikes and its structure has been engineered to be an integral element of the frame. In addition, the air filter and exhaust system have been designed to provide improved torque at low-medium engine speeds. The Testastretta 11° 821 cc engine generates power equal to 82.4 kW (112CV) @ 9,250 rpm and 89.4 Nm (9.1kgm) of torque at 7,750 rpm.
- Exhaust system: The Testastretta 11° 821 engine is combined with a type 2-1-2 exhaust system, which leaves no room for doubt about the performance that the new Monster 821 is capable of unleashing. The engine control unit has a lambda probe for each individual cylinder, guaranteeing delivery of the right amount of fuel, while the stylish vertically stacked cannon silencers are equipped with catalytic converters that ensure compliance with Euro 3 standards. An electronically controlled mid-section adjustment valve optimizes exhaust pressure according to engine speed.
- Service intervals: The meticulous design and top-quality materials used for the Monster have allowed amazing results to be achieved. Adjusting the valve clearance is scheduled for every 30,000 km and changing the oil every 15,000 km, increasing service intervals and cutting running costs. These results were made possible by improving combustion efficiency and cutting the operating temperatures of the Testastretta 11° engine.
- Slipper clutch: The transmission features an oil bath clutch with "slipper" function and a lever that is very light to the touch. It is equipped with a gradual self-servo system that compresses the discs when the engine speed is reduced, allowing the load on the pressure plate springs to be reduced. This reduces the stress on the clutch lever, ensuring optimum conditions in city traffic when frequent gear changes are required, or on long trips. When the transmission force is reversed (overload), the same mechanism makes it possible to reduce the pressure on the clutch plates, enabling them to work in "slipper" mode, which reduces the destabilizing effect on the rear end during aggressive downshifting and gives a feeling of greater fluidity when decelerating or downshifting in normal driving conditions.
- Power and torque: Thanks to the specially designed air filter and exhaust system, the Testastretta 11° engine generates power comparable to that of a 3/4 cylinder engine. Even the most demanding "Monsteristi" and sports riders will be able to appreciate the punchy torque that is readily available at a wide range of speeds, already reaching more than 85% of its maximum torque at 5500 rpm. The Testastretta 11°'s character is enhanced by the choice of the final ratio set to develop maximum acceleration in each gear and maximum engine response with each turn of the throttle.
- Unmistakable Fuel Tank: The Monster's 17.5 L fuel tank is an integral part of the bike's overall design. The distinctive fuel tank, pure "Monster" in style, completes the Monster's strong, unmistakable silhouette, while its metal structure and sculpted knee panels give the bike a feeling of solidity.
- Brembo braking system: The front brakes of the Monster 821 have high-performance, pump-activated Brembo monobloc M4-32 radial calipers, equipped with high-calibration multiple 9MP ABS as standard. The four-piston front calipers, fitted radially, act on 320 mm discs, while the Brembo two-piston rear caliper is fitted on a 240 mm disc.
- Suspension: The geometry of the frame, inspired by racing bikes, is completed by adjustable inverted forks (Ø 43 mm), while the rear suspension is entrusted to a Sachs monoshock with adjustable compression and extension, mounted on one side vertically on the cylinder head and, on the other, on a sturdy Ducati single-sided swingarm. This exceptional suspension allows contact with the wheel to be maintained and guarantees control and agility even in extreme driving conditions.
- Customized ergonomics: The dimensions of the new Monster 821 have been completely redefined and its ergonomics redesigned to offer maximum versatility in all situations and driving conditions. The new dimensions of the Monster provide ample space even for a rider 1.85 m tall and a passenger 1.75 m tall, also enabling you to transport luggage without any problems. The seat position is very comfortable, ideal even for long distances, and the driving position is upright thanks to the best possible positioning of the handlebars. The whole thing is completed by a passenger seat with an easily removable cover, and lowered footpegs and handles which make the ride comfortable and enjoyable for the passenger.
- 10-spoke wheels: The ten-spoke lightweight aluminum alloy wheels guarantee agility and perfect control of the set-up at all speeds. The 3.5x17 front wheel and 6x17 rear are fitted with Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 120/70 ZR and 180/60 ZR tires respectively.
- Frame inspired by racing bikes: The new Monster has a frame structure that's inspired by the racing models, with the engine as the star. The structure is comprised of a compact Ducati trellis frame, mounted directly onto the cylinder heads and the engine itself. Even the shock and the rear sub-frame are connected to the engine. The sub-frame has a classic tubular layout and is further enhanced by the way it is coupled with the exhaust system, the plastic parts and the tail light. This sophisticated, light and robust structure enables the Monster to achieve the lowest kerb weight in its category(205.5 Kg).
- Front headlight: The front of the new Monster 821 is dominated by a rounded headlight and flanked by forks, a distinctive feature of the imposing, unmistakable shape of the Monster. The headlight is made up of a modern unit that uses a bulb for high and low beam and LED technology for the two parking lights located on the sides. The encased tail light is fully LED.
- Ducati Safety Pack (DSP): The designers of the new Monster didn't focus solely on achieving excellent performance, but also on guaranteeing a high level of safety for the rider and passenger in all driving conditions. This second goal has been achieved by providing the Monster 821 with the Ducati Safety Pack (DSP) as standard, along with the 9MP ABS system and the 8-profile Ducati Traction Control (DTC).
- Passenger handles: Particular care has been taken with passenger comfort, with a wide padded seat, footpegs that ensure an optimum riding position, and standard ergonomically shaped handles built into the bike's design.
- Instrumentation: The Monster 821's compact instrument panel has lights on the upper part of the dashboard for warnings relating to neutral, indicators, full beams, engine rpm limit, oil pressure and fuel reserve, while the lower part is comprised of an LCD display with a DOT-Matrix area to display all the other data. The display gives information about speed, rpm. totalizer, trip1 and trip2, engine cooling liquid temperature, ambient temperature and clock. In addition, it displays present fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, average speed and duration of trip. The DOT-Matrix area permanently displays the Riding Mode selected and the corresponding ABS and DTC levels set, and the 3 Riding Modes available can be selected very easily both when stationary and when in motion by using the indicator return button.
- Adjustable seat: The new Monster 821 is fitted with an adjustable seat (± 25 mm) that can adapt to the needs of customers all over the world. The standard seat height can easily be adjusted to the lowest (785 mm) or highest (810 mm) positions. In addition, two optional seats allow riders to lower it another 20 mm (765/790 mm) or even 40 mm (745/770 mm).
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC): Ducati's DTC gives the rider a choice of eight profiles or "sensitivity levels", each programmed with a different wheelspin tolerance value, matched to progressive levels of riding skill, and graded from one to eight. A preset level at which DTC intervenes is assigned to each Riding Mode. When DTC is on, the control unit analyses the data sent from the front and rear wheel speed sensors, detects the amount of wheelspin, and works out what type of intervention is necessary. This intervention is carried out very smoothly by electronically slowing down the engine injection to reduce torque, until rear grip is completely restored. DTC can also be disabled by the rider. The DTC profiles are factory pre-set for each of the three Riding Modes, but can be customized individually and saved in order to best meet the needs of the rider. The initial settings can easily be reset via the "default" option
- Riding Modes: The new Monster incorporates the most innovative, state-of-the-art Ducati technology, including the renowned Ducati Riding Modes. The three Riding Modes (URBAN, TOURING, SPORT) combine the leading technologies in the product class, such as Ride-by-Wire (RbW), Ducati Traction Control (DTC), and 9MP ABS with multiple settings. The rider can change the character of the bike by simply clicking a button, even mid-ride, choosing the configuration that best suits his riding style or the road conditions from the three different pre-set options (Riding Modes). The Riding Modes allow the rider to instantly change the power delivered by the engine and the DTC and ABS activation levels. The Riding Modes are factory pre-set for each of the three parameters, but can be customized individually and saved in order to best meet the needs of the rider. The initial settings can easily be reset via the "default" option
- 180/60 rear tire: At the rear the Monster 821 uses a 180/60ZR17 tire with the same width/height ratio as is used in national and world Supersport competitions, which offers a larger contact area than the "classic" 180/55; the higher and slightly wider contour improves handling and rider comfort, while the larger contact area increases traction in acceleration and improves stability on the straight.
- Ride-by-Wire: The Ride-by-Wire (RbW) system is an electronic interface between the engine and the Monster's twistgrip, which enables the ideal power to be delivered to be set depending on the Riding Mode selected. The twistgrip doesn't have a throttle cable directly linked to the throttle bodies, but sends a signal to the control unit which, in turn, electronically controls the opening of the throttle bodies. The RbW system uses three different mappings to regulate power delivery: 112 hp for a sports delivery; 112 hp for a progressive delivery suitable for touring; 75 hp for a progressive delivery suitable for city use
- 9 MP ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System): The ABS system provided is a 9MP multi-calibration one that lets the rider switch from one configuration to another by selecting the desired Riding Mode. The 9MP ABS prevents the front and rear wheels from locking and has further improved rear lift-up prevention, providing a very short stopping distance and high stability by using the information received from the pressure sensor located on the front wheel calipers. The ABS can also be disabled by the rider. The ABS-Off option can be selected from the Riding Modes configurations and stays on even after turning the ignition off.
- Type: Testastretta 11 deg. L-Twin, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 821cc
- Bore x Stroke: 88 x 67.5 mm
- Compression ratio: 12.8:1
- Power: 82.4 kW (112 hp) @ 9,250 rpm
- Torque: 89.4 Nm (65.8 lb.ft.) @ 7,750 rpm
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection system, 53 mm throttle bodies with full Ride by Wire
- Exhaust: Stainless steel muffler and aluminum and cap; lightweight 2-1 system with catalytic converter with 2 lambda probes
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, ratio 1.85:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=28/20 4=26/22 5=24/23 6=23/24
- Final drive: Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 46
- Clutch: APTC slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with control cable
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame attached to the cylinders head
- Front suspension: Upside down 43 mm forks
- Front wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with fully adjustable monoshock. Aluminum double-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy 5.50 in. x 17 in.
- Rear tire: 180/60 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Front wheel travel: 130 mm (5.1 in.)
- Rear wheel travel: 140 mm (5.5 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Monobloc Brembo M4-32 calipers, 4-pistons, radial pump with ABS as standard
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston floating caliper with ABS as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: LCD display
- Dry weight: 179.5 kg (395.7 lb.)
- Wet weight (KERB): 205.5 kg (453 lb.)
- Seat height: Adjustable 785 - 810 mm (30.9 - 31.9)
- Wheelbase: 1480 mm (58.3 in.)
- Rake: 24.3 deg.
- Trail: 93.2 mm (3.7 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 17.5 L (4.6 US gal.)
- Number of seats: Dual seat
- Standard Equipment: Riding modes, Power modes, DSP Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC), RbW, seat cover passenger handles, ready for anti-theft system and DDA
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 9,000m/12 Months
- Valve clearance check: 30,000km (18,000m)
- Standard: Euro 3
- Engine Type
- Testastretta 11 deg. L-Twin, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- 821 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection system, 53 mm throttle bodies with full Ride by Wire
- Front Suspension
- Upside down 43 mm forks
- Rear Suspension
- Progressive linkage with fully adjustable monoshock. Aluminum double-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Monobloc Brembo M4-32 calipers, 4-pistons, radial pump with ABS as standard
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston floating caliper with ABS as standard equipment
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Rear Tire
- 180/60 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- 58.3 in. (1480 mm)
- Seat Height
- Adjustable 30.9 - 31.9 in. (785 - 810 mm)
- 24.3 deg.
- 3.7 in. (93.2 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 US gal. (17.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 395.7 lb. (179.5 kg)
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 46
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- 24 months unlimited mileage