2014 BMW R1200RT
2014 R1200RT - Right
-- All pre-owned motorcycles sold by A&S Motorcycles are fully inspected and serviced so you can be confident in your purchase.
-- A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, truck or RV in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. (All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.)
If you have a down payment but your credit isn't perfect, our lenders may be able to help. Copy this link to apply: https://s16454.endeavorsecure.com/Financing.htm
All advertised vehicles are subject to prior sale. We reserve the right to make changes without notice, and are not responsible for errors or omissions. Used vehicles sold by A&S Motorcycles are subject to freight, title transfer and document preparation fees and a $299.00 handling fee. All sales within California are subject to state sales tax, and license fees. Non-residents who take delivery within California pay sales tax* and title transfer fee. Laws regarding titling, and taxes vary by state; please contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles for information.
*Some states have a reciprocal tax agreement with California.
A&S Motorcycles | DLR # 05872 | 916-726-7334 | www.aspowersports.com
Never-ending riding fun.
A motorcycle that defined the classic touring bike segment has now reached the next stage of evolution: the new BMW R 1200 RT. With its light handling, the R 1200 RT makes it possible to enjoy what is most important: riding through the landscape. Whether on your own or with a passenger: the new R 1200 RT is all about comfortable, relaxed riding on every tour.
More dynamic performance. More control.
The new RT has a new air/water-cooled BMW boxer engine with even more torque and 125 bhp. Thanks to the traction control system ASC, the machine offers stability on every country road. The standard ride modes "Rain" and "Road" can also be activated at the press of a button, adapting the motorcycle perfectly to the weather conditions and road surface as required. The On Board Computer Pro and the familiar heated grips round off the range of basic equipment.
More optional extras. More comfort.
The special equipment for the new RT offers an increased level of comfort for the best motorcycling experience. For example, the semi-active electronic suspension adjustment BMW Dynamic ESA responds within a fraction of a second to changing road surfaces. Shift Assistant Pro allows the rider to shift up and down without using the clutch or throttle. Another option available is "Dynamic" mode, which guarantees maximum riding fun for sporty, dynamic motorcyclists. Also available as an optional extra: a central locking system which also locks both cases by remote control, a cruise control system and lots more.
More design. More impressions.
A supreme touring bike with a persuasive design: the use of transparent materials conveys lightness and agility. The R 1200 RT is available in the new elegant paint finishes Quartz blue metallic, Ebony metallic and Callisto grey metallic matte.
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 125 hp (92 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 92 lb/ft (125 Nm) at 6,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection / BMS-K+ digital engine management with electromotive throttle actuator
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 60 mg at a constant 56 mph (3.9 L)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 540 W
- Battery: 12 V / 16 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Two-section frame consisting of front and rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in / 5.4 in (120 mm / 136 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.5 in (1,485 mm)
- Castor: 4.6 in (116 mm)
- Steering head angle: 63.6 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Length: 87.5 in (2,222 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 38.7 in (983 mm) / 38.8 in (985 mm) incl. panniers
- Height (excl. mirrors): 55.7 in (1,416 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.7 / 32.5 in (high: 32.7 / 33.5 in; low: 29.9 / 30.7 in)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 71.3 / 72.8 in (high: 73.8 / 75.4 in; low: 68.5 / 70.1 in)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 604 lb. (274 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,091 lb. (495 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 487 lb. (221 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 6.6 gal.
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal.
- Engine Type
- Four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection / BMS-K+ digital engine management with electromotive throttle actuator
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 58.5 in. (1,485 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.7 / 32.5 in.
- 4.6 in. (116 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.6 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 604 lb. (274 kg)
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Quartz Blue Metallic, Ebony Metallic, Callisto Grey Metallic Matte