2012 BMW R1200RT
2012 R1200RT - Left
* All pre-owned motorcycles sold by A&S Motorcycles are fully inspected and serviced so you can be confident in your purchase.
* A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, truck or RV in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. (All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.)
If you have a down payment but your credit isn't perfect, our lenders may be able to help. Copy this link to apply: https://s16454.endeavorsecure.com/Financing.htm
* For 50 years, A&S Motorcycles has been the premiere Sacramento area motorcycle shop. We specialize in fine European machines from BMW, Ducati and Triumph. We've earned our reputation by offering the best bikes, new and used, along with excellent customer service. Whether you need parts, riding gear or accessories to make your bike unique, we are here for you.
It's About the Ride!
* All advertised vehicles are subject to prior sale. We reserve the right to make changes without notice, and are not responsible for errors or omissions. Used vehicles sold by A&S Motorcycles are subject to freight, title transfer and document preparation fees and a $299.00 handling fee. Vehicle sales within California are subject to state sales tax, and license fees. If you are not a California resident but take delivery within California, you pay CA sales tax at the minimum rate and a title transfer fee. If you take delivery outside California, laws regarding titling, and taxes vary from state to state; please contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles for information. Some states have a reciprocal tax agreement with California.
*Trade-ins: A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, truck or RV in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. Please call today! All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.
A&S Motorcycles | DLR # 05872 | 916-726-7334 | www.aspowersports.com | It's About the Ride!
As far as 2-cylinder fans are concerned, first-class touring has a memorable abbreviation - and it’s been around for 30 years: RT. For long-haul travelers there can hardly be any other term which has always stood for perfectly conceived motorcycling concept from start to finish: excellent wind and weather protection, optimum ergonomics, highly convenient operation combined with a top-class chassis fitted with the unique optional extras ASC and ESA II.
In the touring segment, these features probably define the ultimate benchmark of innovation. Even though the R 1200 RT cuts a superb figure everywhere with its dynamic new design, everything about it sends out the message: built to cover thousands of miles, preferably in one go.
Then there is this fascinating mixture of distinctive engine and big bike dynamics. The characteristic “boxer” supremacy has been further enhanced in the current version: the engine’s crowning glory is now the radial DOHC valve operating system from the HP2 Sport, though here designed for greater torque and without any loss of running smoothness: maximum torque 88 ft-lb at 6000 rpm, rated output still at 110 hp. This means a tangible increase in thrust from the lower engine speed range through to above the medium range. The new valve control in the exhaust system ensures a discreet but more dynamic sound.
And in terms of comfort, the bike boasts a new audio system available as an optional extra, with the innovative operating concept Multi-Controller carrying out virtually all commands from a single unit.
So there’s only one thing you have to do yourself - drop by for a test ride.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 88 ft-lb (120 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection / BMS-K+ digital engine management with overrun fuel cut-off, twin spark ignition
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 57 mpg, at a constant 55 mph
- Fuel type: Unleaded super and premium.
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 720 W
- Battery: 12 V / 19 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Two-section frame consisting of front and rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 35 mm, central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7/5.3 in. (120 mm/135 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.4 in. (1,485 mm)
- Castor: 4.5 in. (116 mm)
- Steering head angle: 63.8 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Length: 87.8 in. (2,230 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 35.6 in. (905 mm) inc. panniers: 38.5 in. (980 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 56.3 in. (1,430 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 32.2/33 in. (820/840 mm) low seat: 30.7/31.5 in. (780/800 mm), extra-low seat (one piece): 30.1 in. (765 mm), lowered suspension: 29.5 in. (750 mm), comfort seat: 30.9 in. (785 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 570 lb. (259 kg)
- Dry weight: 504 lb. (229 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,091 lb. (495 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 520 lb. (236 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 6.6 gal. (25.0 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4.0 L)
- Engine Type
- Flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection / BMS-K+ digital engine management with overrun fuel cut-off, twin spark ignition
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 35 mm, central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston fixed calipers, BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper, BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 58.4 in. (1,485 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.2/33 in. (820/840 mm)
- 63.8 deg.
- 4.5 in. (116 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.6 gal. (25.0 L)
- 57 mpg, at a constant 55 mph
- Dry Weight
- 504 lb. (229 kg)
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Midnight Blue Metallic, Light Magnesium Metallic/Magnesium Beige Metallic, Fluid Grey Metallic